lundi 10 novembre 2014

SHARKS: THORNTON REMAINS FIRM, HE'S STAYING



Source : thefourthperiod.com

Veteran center Joe Thornton reiterated his feelings about playing for the San Jose Sharks, telling the Toronto Sun he has no intention of waiving his no-trade clause.
Rumors popped up all summer over the Sharks fielding calls for Thornton and teammate Patrick Marleau, who also has a no-trade clause.

Thornton, 35, wants to stay in San Jose and believes the Sharks have what it takes to compete for the Stanley Cup.
<"I think we have a really good team that has a legitimate chance of doing something," Thornton told the Sun. "If I didn't think that, I don't think I'd still be here. But I still think we have a good group of guys and we can do something.

"You always hear the talk about teams inquiring and stuff, and the trade rumors. You hear your name in trade rumors. But I've never really thought about leaving at all. I always considered coming back.

"I know (Sharks GM Doug Wilson) always said we were going younger. But I always thought we still have some young guys, and that I can still help the young guys as much as I can. I think we have a really good team."

TFP reported numerous times during the off-season that while the Sharks were receiving calls, they never approached Thornton about the possibility of a move, something he confirmed to the Sun.

"(Wilson) never asked me to waive my no-trade (clause)," he said.

Thornton reaffirmed his plan to "finish my career as a Shark," even if other teams try to pluck him away from California.

"It's flattering, sure, that other teams would want to trade assets to acquire me, for sure," he said. "It's just like any employee who works for Ford and GM wants you. It's flattering. That's the way I look at it."

Aucun commentaire:

Publier un commentaire